Source: AmTravel Tour Company
Armenia, a landlocked country nestled between the Black and Caspian Seas, is a beauty all year round. From snow-capped peaks in winter to sun-drenched valleys in summer, there’s something to see and do in every season. But with just one week, how do you make the most of your Armenian adventure? Fear not, intrepid traveler! This guide will help you hit the highlights and leave you wanting more.
Armenia’s Must-Visit DestinationsEven a week isn’t enough to see everything, but you can hit the highlights.
- Yerevan: Armenia’s vibrant capital is older than Rome by almost 30 years! Wander through its ancient streets, marvel at the Cascade, and pay your respects at the Armenian Genocide Memorial. Don’t miss the Ararat brandy factory for a taste of the country’s famous spirit.
- Garni Temple: Step back in time at this Greco-Roman temple, a unique blend of Armenian and Hellenistic architecture.
- Geghard Monastery: Carved into the rock face, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is a masterpiece of medieval Armenian architecture.
- Sevan: Take a boat trip on this stunning turquoise lake, nestled high in the mountains. Hike to Sevanavank Monastery for breathtaking views.
- Dilijan: Nicknamed “Armenia’s Switzerland,” this charming town is surrounded by forests and dotted with mineral water springs. Hike to the “Symphony of Stones” for otherworldly rock formations.
- Khor Virap: This historic monastery is where St. Gregory the Illuminator was imprisoned for 13 years. Climb to the top for panoramic views of Mount Ararat, Armenia’s national symbol.